The Sikh Food Bank
- Sikhs in Scotland are here to help you & your family through the Coronavirus crisis. Our team of volunteers located in Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen & Dundee will provide Food Delivery Parcels, Friendly Calls and Welfare Support for you and your family. We are working in partnership with the Scottish Government, third sector and charities.
Crookston Community Group: Foodbank
- Monday – Thursday CCG runs a foodbank from 10am – 3pm. The food bank provides an emergency food parcel which contains a 3 days supply of food, toiletries and sanitary products to people and families who are in the most desperate need of assistance.
Glasgow Vineyard Church: Storehouse Food Bank
- Storehouse is a practical service set up by Glasgow Vineyard to meet the immediate and long term needs of those who are destitute in the North and West of Glasgow, with a specific focus on Drumchapel, Knightswood, Anniesland and the surrounding areas. The aim is to give the assurance of food to those in greatest need. Storehouse food bank gives out food and toiletries hampers every Saturday morning (10.00 – 12.00) from the Vineyard Centre, Linden Street, in Anniesland.
Govan Community Project: Food Distribution
- We distribute parcels of fresh fruit and veg on a Wednesday each week. Parcels are available to all but demand is high. Please call at 9am on a Wednesday morning to put your name on the list. Food parcels are usually ready for collection from 2pm the same day.
Drumchapel Food Bank
- Drumchapel Foodbank is a community organisation run by KCEDG in partnership with Drumchapel L.I.F.E working to support people facing financial crisis.
Central and West Integration Network: Food Security Programme
- Central and West Integration Network has been running a food distribution programme since December 2012. This takes place every Friday from 12noon to 2pm in Garnethill Multicultural Centre. The project involves a drop in service including information, advice and varied workshops. Teas/coffees and hot meal also form part of the drop in service.
AFECC Food Bank
- At AFECC we recognise that our duty of care to the public extends way beyond the Muslim community, rather it encompasses the community as a whole. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) once said: “A man is not a believer who fills his stomach while his neighbour is hungry.” We feel this perfectly portrays our values as an institution and it’s precisely why we launched our food bank in 2015.
The Everlasting Foodbank
- The Everlasting Foodbank was founded in Glasgow in 2014 by treasurer and Pastor of the Everlasting Arms Ministries Church in Dennistoun.
The Everlasting Foodbank is a Christian Organisation that aims to serve the community of Dennistoun and beyond by providing food to those in need. Although we are a foodbank we believe that, “man cannot live by bread alone” (Matthew 4:4). That's why our goal isn't just to feed people for a day but to give them the confidence and encouragement they need to prosper every day.
|Foodbank Centre||Day||Session Times||Location/Address
07745 242 738
|Monday Wednesday Friday|| 2-4pm|| Calton Parkhead Parish Church
142 Helenvale Street
|Tuesday|| 2-4pm|| Sandyhills Parish Church
28 Ballieston Road
|St Enochs Hogganfield|
| Wednesday|| 1.30pm- 3.30pm||St Enoch's Hogganfield Parish Church
860 Cumbernauld Road
0141 556 2830
|Thursday||11-1pm||St Francis in the East Church
26 Queen Mary St
|Blairtumock Community Hall|
|Thursday||2-4pm||45 Boyndie Street
|Shettleston||Friday|| 2-4pm|| Trinity Methodist Church\\Shettleston Road\\G32 7PH
Understanding Glasgow: Food Banks
- The provision of food parcels and food aid has grown significantly in Scotland and the rest of the UK in the last ten years. In 2009, there was one Trussell Trust foodbank operating in Scotland. By April 2017, this had increased to 52, with 119 centres - some operate ‘satellite’ foodbank centres in various locations in the surrounding area.
foodbanks.txt · Last modified: 2020/12/15 18:12 by admin